Today is James' 25th birthday... I know he is so old right. Well I thought since is a quarter of a century old today I would do something extra special and list 25 things I love about James or that James does. I also enlisted the help of his mom and got her 25 things as well... good thing you aren't turning 50 right? And this may get old and sappy but its also a journaling for us so I wanted to include everything so if you don't want to read just skip to the bottom there are pics! These lists are in no particular order either;)
My list....
1. always willing to help... anyone 11. good dancer... ha better singer
2. smart... especially with Baseball and fishing 12. never leaves the toilet seat up... hallelujiah3. a loving and caring husband, brother and son 13. push over, perfect for me not for him
4. Funny 14. makes perfect grilled cheese sandwiches
5. protective of his loved ones 15. passionate especially Red Sox and fishing
6. hard worker 16.kills all the bugs even if he hates them
7. supportive 17.always brings me a drink or extra covers
8. he does the dishes 18. great snuggler
9. always have clean laundry... 19. understanding
10. will do anything for me and with me 20.forgiving
21.patient4. Funny 14. makes perfect grilled cheese sandwiches
5. protective of his loved ones 15. passionate especially Red Sox and fishing
6. hard worker 16.kills all the bugs even if he hates them
7. supportive 17.always brings me a drink or extra covers
8. he does the dishes 18. great snuggler
9. always have clean laundry... 19. understanding
10. will do anything for me and with me 20.forgiving
22.honest
23. goes into HOBBY LOBBY with me 24.worthy Priesthood holder
25. And I have to admit... Good Looking!!!Ma Blake's list...
1. Gentle and kind
2.never holds a grudge ( and his brother Matt was pretty rough on him sometimes)
3.loved spaghetti( and hot dogs, and tacos)
4.Ninja Turtles ( he and his brother had the action figures, but WERE sometimes the action figures)
5.fishing
6.dressed up in a shirt and tie for school every day
7.Hid his shoes when he was in first grade so he wouldn't have to go to school ( his teacher WAS mean)
8.loved cowboy hats and cowboy boots....we once spent a day at the flea market..James saw a pair of boots he loved...he kept circling the table until we finally made a deal with the guy and bought the boots...he wore them all the time!
9.His hero was George Strait
10.He loved his thumb...
11.He loved the soft feel of a blanket edging, the kind with the silky edge..AND the feel of my panty hose...at church he would sit next to me and just rub my leg to feel the panty hose...
12.have I mentioned fishing....anywhere..anytime....he would go with his Dad whenever he could..some of his favorite spots were the river in West Paris, down behind region 11 in Norway, George's camp, the railroad tracks in Locke Mills, Popham Beach, Moose Pond, and he meant business..the other kids would get bored after a while, but not James..he wanted to stay until he caught a fish! He even tried ice fishing with a family friend once...he DID NOT like that.
13.He once killed snakes for Mima Jan with a shovel...he was her hero forever after that.(he was only 10 when he did that)
14.Loved to play baseball, and started when he was little (5). Summer after summer baseball...baseball...baseball. His Dad was his coach for many of those years..
15.He also loved the snack shack.....
16.He was very proud of the pick off move he and Jonny developed...it was when he was playing first and Jon was pitching....they were a duo to be reckoned with...they picked off quite a few runners...this was in Junior high, I think.
17.Loved to play basketball with brothers and friends..(still does)..
18.He loved it when the missionaries came over..from the time he was a little boy. (loved to play basketball with them when he got older).
19.James loved cub scouts..pinewood derby, projects etc. BUT H-A-T-E-D Boy Scouts....
20.LOVED the annual Oxford Ward Fishing Derby...it seemed like he looked forward to it for weeks in advance...and finally won once and got a LURE
21.which reminds me.....he loved fishing tackle....one could never go wrong by getting a cool lure for him for his birthday, or filling his tackle box with new stuff. We once got him a set of fishing books for Christmas...I don't think he ever read the books, but he loved the pictures!
22.James has always hated to read.....I think he never wanted to take the time to settle down to enjoy a book...once in high school, I read him a series of books so he could get through it...but I enjoyed the time we spent together.
23.Loved his neices and nephew...as all the kids did..James spent special time with them playing with them, and genuinly loving each one of them.
24.Loved his mission, and the people he met and served .....he was reluctant to go at first, but once there, threw himself in to it and really loved the people.....he has made some lasting relationships, and had experiences he will never forget.
25.RED SOX----RED SOX....RED SOX
May I add a 26th thing I know about James.....that he loves Jessica and will do anything for her...when we first got the call that he had met someone "special" we knew that he had found his girl...."Mom she likes country music...and I'm teaching her to love baseball".....well we knew right then that we would soon have a new daughter in law....
2.never holds a grudge ( and his brother Matt was pretty rough on him sometimes)
3.loved spaghetti( and hot dogs, and tacos)
4.Ninja Turtles ( he and his brother had the action figures, but WERE sometimes the action figures)
5.fishing
6.dressed up in a shirt and tie for school every day
7.Hid his shoes when he was in first grade so he wouldn't have to go to school ( his teacher WAS mean)
8.loved cowboy hats and cowboy boots....we once spent a day at the flea market..James saw a pair of boots he loved...he kept circling the table until we finally made a deal with the guy and bought the boots...he wore them all the time!
9.His hero was George Strait
10.He loved his thumb...
11.He loved the soft feel of a blanket edging, the kind with the silky edge..AND the feel of my panty hose...at church he would sit next to me and just rub my leg to feel the panty hose...
12.have I mentioned fishing....anywhere..anytime....he would go with his Dad whenever he could..some of his favorite spots were the river in West Paris, down behind region 11 in Norway, George's camp, the railroad tracks in Locke Mills, Popham Beach, Moose Pond, and he meant business..the other kids would get bored after a while, but not James..he wanted to stay until he caught a fish! He even tried ice fishing with a family friend once...he DID NOT like that.
13.He once killed snakes for Mima Jan with a shovel...he was her hero forever after that.(he was only 10 when he did that)
14.Loved to play baseball, and started when he was little (5). Summer after summer baseball...baseball...baseball. His Dad was his coach for many of those years..
15.He also loved the snack shack.....
16.He was very proud of the pick off move he and Jonny developed...it was when he was playing first and Jon was pitching....they were a duo to be reckoned with...they picked off quite a few runners...this was in Junior high, I think.
17.Loved to play basketball with brothers and friends..(still does)..
18.He loved it when the missionaries came over..from the time he was a little boy. (loved to play basketball with them when he got older).
19.James loved cub scouts..pinewood derby, projects etc. BUT H-A-T-E-D Boy Scouts....
20.LOVED the annual Oxford Ward Fishing Derby...it seemed like he looked forward to it for weeks in advance...and finally won once and got a LURE
21.which reminds me.....he loved fishing tackle....one could never go wrong by getting a cool lure for him for his birthday, or filling his tackle box with new stuff. We once got him a set of fishing books for Christmas...I don't think he ever read the books, but he loved the pictures!
22.James has always hated to read.....I think he never wanted to take the time to settle down to enjoy a book...once in high school, I read him a series of books so he could get through it...but I enjoyed the time we spent together.
23.Loved his neices and nephew...as all the kids did..James spent special time with them playing with them, and genuinly loving each one of them.
24.Loved his mission, and the people he met and served .....he was reluctant to go at first, but once there, threw himself in to it and really loved the people.....he has made some lasting relationships, and had experiences he will never forget.
25.RED SOX----RED SOX....RED SOX
May I add a 26th thing I know about James.....that he loves Jessica and will do anything for her...when we first got the call that he had met someone "special" we knew that he had found his girl...."Mom she likes country music...and I'm teaching her to love baseball".....well we knew right then that we would soon have a new daughter in law....
I also asked Ma Blake to remember what his actual birthday, May 27, 1985 was like and what they usually did for his birthdays every year...
Every year for birthdays we just usually got together and had a spaghetti dinner. It was one of his favorites....sometimes grandparents would come.......he had cake and ice cream of course....I can't remember specific gifts.......but we made sure to include fishing stuff...there was also a new basketball involved because they would always get lost........
JAMES BIRTH DAY
James was born Monday May 27th ......it was actually Memorial day that year!!!! I had been in labor since Sunday night......it was the first official day in our new house on Tuelltown Road.....we had spent the weekend moving in...what a housewarming gift..!!......I hadn't eaten in a day or so, Dr. Hazelton said that after my 6th baby I could ask for anything I wanted to eat....All I could think about was chocolate cake!!!!! They didn't have any in the hospital cafeteria..so I gave up on the craving....the next think I know Dr. Hazelton comes in with a huge peice of chocolate cake!!!...Every time the nurse brought James in to me he would just look up at me, he was so calm, no fussing, no crying, just content to be where he was.......and that's been his personality from the beginning.
His hair was a blondish red, he had a lot of it, and when we brought him home, his older sibs fell in love with him, especially Jesee. She became his guardian angel from then on.
HAPPY 25th I hope you enjoyed it babe... I love you!






Every year for birthdays we just usually got together and had a spaghetti dinner. It was one of his favorites....sometimes grandparents would come.......he had cake and ice cream of course....I can't remember specific gifts.......but we made sure to include fishing stuff...there was also a new basketball involved because they would always get lost........
JAMES BIRTH DAY
James was born Monday May 27th ......it was actually Memorial day that year!!!! I had been in labor since Sunday night......it was the first official day in our new house on Tuelltown Road.....we had spent the weekend moving in...what a housewarming gift..!!......I hadn't eaten in a day or so, Dr. Hazelton said that after my 6th baby I could ask for anything I wanted to eat....All I could think about was chocolate cake!!!!! They didn't have any in the hospital cafeteria..so I gave up on the craving....the next think I know Dr. Hazelton comes in with a huge peice of chocolate cake!!!...Every time the nurse brought James in to me he would just look up at me, he was so calm, no fussing, no crying, just content to be where he was.......and that's been his personality from the beginning.
His hair was a blondish red, he had a lot of it, and when we brought him home, his older sibs fell in love with him, especially Jesee. She became his guardian angel from then on.
HAPPY 25th I hope you enjoyed it babe... I love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment