Sunday, March 10, 2013

Resolutions Week 1

I feel this week we/I did pretty good on most of my resolutions I have set for myself/family this year. Some I did not get to because we were out and about during the day so I didnt get quite on top of my exercising in this week and then on the days I was home I was catching up on cleaning. This week I should do pretty darn good because I will be on top of the cleaing so no catching up and its going to be a beautiful week weather wise and that in itself is great motivation. Here is how I did on the following just so I can see my progress through out the year and it doesnt hurt the accountability factor.
-Complain less/be less critical and more encouraging towards the hubby: I actually did well with this because I am also doing the some of the "Love Dare" challenges through out the week. I am not neccessarily doing the all or in order but I have been picking a few to do and sometimes doing them more than once through out the week. I find that weekends are hard to not be critical on some of things he does especially with Hallie because its just me during the week and its easy to not have to join our parenting styles. On the weekends our parenting styles clash a little and I know that I just sometimes need to compromise or just step back and let him do his thing and figure things out!

-Follow a daily cleaning routine: At the beginning of the week I always have little motivation to get back into the groove of our schedule. By Wednesday I was determine to start it this week and stop myself from saying that "Oh I'll just start fresh next week" thats my motto! So I got caught up on Wednesday and on Thursday I did those chores plus Fridays because I thought ahead and new we would be out with my sister and nephew most of the day Friday so went ahead and did those chores on Thursday. So for this challenge I am very satisfied with my work this week; although the weekend got away from us, so hopefully next week will be flawless!

-Stick to our budget/start the Dave Ramsey method: I feel we are doing well with this resolution although we get paid bi weekly and still running on whats left over from last paycheck we have been sticking to our budget and being frugal in most departments, obviously this needs improvement and I feel will always be a work in progress.

-Get dressed everyday (bye bye pjs all day everyday): I did not do well this one... I will be honest my pjs are just sooooo comfortable!! Hopefully I will do so much better this week

-Keep up with blog: I will say I think I did a very successful job at this resolution! I hope to continue to do well with this; it has really given me something to do and keep me motivated and accountable in all things I want to do and get done in my life this year and for years to come.

-"Yes" mom Friday: I did okay with this one this week. As I said before we were out with my sister and nephew most of Friday so there wasnt a whole lot of times I had to say "no" to very many unrealistic things that day. She is pretty good when we go out and shop. The only struggles we have is wanting to be out of the cart most of the time but she did very well this time. And then that night we went out with James and walked around our new Kohls to see what they had for Easter dresses we also went to Macys. She did amazing in all of those places. We then stop in at Barnes and Noble and let her play for a little while. One she loves books so she could have stayed in there for hours. We then decided to go to the inside play area they have at our mall. We didnt pack our stroller so we let her walk on her on and she listened very well to us when we asked her to come a little closer to us if she started to walk a little to far ahead. I know we may sound most parents let there children run loose and are very independent by her age (22 mos) but she is my baby and I like her to be close to me. We are slowly realizing the "big girl" she is becoming and we are slowly allowing it and becoming comfortable with it but it is SO HARD!! I just want her to be baby forever.

No comments: