Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What About Hallie Tuesday

I feel this will be the easiest way to really keep up with what is going on with Hallie and the latest she does, funny things she has said or done, and/or what I just love and adore about her!! Occassionally there will probably be inserts or times I just have to get a post in about our darling daughter just so I dont forget a moment, phrase, or happening that is significant to her or her life. I am really excited about Tuesdays but also nervous... I dont want to forget anything and that has really been my goal since the moment I found out I was pregnant I was determined to keep a pregnancy log of significant moments: ultrasounds, cravings...etc. I did pretty good and even wrote up her birth story with some help and motivation from my doula and her own that she wrote for us. Then that got me excited to keep a journal on her life I kept up with it her first 4 months of life then she got more active and there was less sleep time to just sit down and write; she also began to do more and more, and say more and more that it began hard to keep up with and remember to jot down. So hopefully I can be more successful if anything with keeping up on posts on Tuesdays for Hallie. Some days it might be like a journal entry another it may be a one liner phrase she may have said and others may be a list. So here it goes...

Today was a up and down kind of day; we have those more frequently now that we are quickly approaching our twos! It started of great we woke up, had breakfast, and watched some Curious George. We got some of our morning chores done and then it was lunch time and then nap. After nap time is when the downward slope began; Hallie woke up whiney and clingy, so we sat and cuddle until she was ready to play. It turned into a nice day but windy so we went outside and played for a little while and watered our flowers. Hallie played with her rocks in her rock garden and we pointed out the sky, birds, trees, and planes. We went over our baby signs and learned some new ones. We caught on very quickly and was able to learn FIVE new ones just in ten minutes: mama, dada, baby, light, hat and thank you. Currently she knows night night, eat, bath, hurt, more, rock, cat, fish and lion. She is soo smart and is retaining more than we could even imagine and some days she doesnt reveal she has learned something until days later it just comes out and we are both shocked. The other day during one of our tv shows a man on the show joined a band; a day later on Super Why two of the characters were playing some instruments and Hallie just said aloud "Band". I could go on and on with what Hallie says, mocks, repeats, and does. She is amazing and I love to be able to be home with her daily even though we have some rough days (and very rarely nights) I still love her extremely. The other day James said she is such an amazing little girl and all I could reply was I am thankful everyday that our Heavenly Father has sent us such a funny, loving, SMART, beautiful spirit... we consider ourselves VERY lucky. She is stubborn and strong willed much of the time but on the next extreme the most loving and snuggly baby. We love her and cant/DONT want to imagine our life with out her in it.

No comments: